As we are kicking off June, I am so excited because I love this time of year when it comes to makeup. I’m all about the bronzey skin, lighter coverage, bright lips and effortless makeup looks that pair so well with summertime. I’m excited to see what affordable brands will be releasing over the next several months. So let’s dive into some new drugstore makeup June 2020 releases to get the ball rolling.
If you missed the last few months of new drugstore makeup roundups, you can check those out below:
I think my skin really takes center stage this time of year and I have become such a lover of face products. I used to be all about the eye look. But now that I’m 30, I really want my skin to be a priority and look it’s best. And what better time than summer to make it shine.
Some key products that I think are important to add to your makeup routine this time of year are:
- BB Cream with SPF – this will give your skin lighter coverage for hot summer days but will still give your skin a boost and provide some coverage.
- Setting Spray – find a good one that will lock in your look all day and can give you a burst of life if your makeup needs a refresh.
- Bold Lip Balms – on hot days, I just can’t be bothered with a heavy lip product like a cream lipstick that will just melt off or a matte lip that will be super uncomfortable. So when I still want a pop of bright color, I opt for a bold lip balm that will give me color and hydration but will wear comfortably and can be reapplied effortlessly.
- Bronzer – your skin may already have a natural bronzed look on its own throughout summer as you spend time outside but don’t be afraid to amp up the bronzer and really make your summer tan stand out
- Waterproof Mascara – like I mentioned above, I love to prioritize my skin and keep my eye looks simple so waterproof mascara is KEY for me! It keeps my lashes curled all day despite the heat and humidity that might cause them to droop and won’t smudge if I get sweaty.
I might do a roundup of my favorite affordable summer makeup products in the coming weeks so stay tuned for that. I will come back and link it to this post if I do!
But let’s talk about these new drugstore makeup June 2020 product releases to get excited for summer. Hopefully, we can look forward to a more normal next few months post all the corona mayhem.
NEW DRUGSTORE MAKEUP JUNE 2020
// Makeup Revolution Beam Dream Iridescent Primer – $8.00
Glowy primer for face and body to help amp up the glow to your skin; you can use alone, prime before foundation or mix into your fave foundation.
**This brush reminds me of the KKW body collection which includes a body brush very similar to this one.
// Makeup Revolution Radiance Shimmer Oil – $17.00
Made for face and body and body blending brush is recommended for application. Main difference between this and the iridescent primer above is that this formula is oil based and the primer is cream based so it will be more lotion-like whereas this shimmer oil is thin like an oil. Comes in 4 shades
// Makeup Revolution Splendor Matte Bronzer – $12.00
Comes in 6 shades
// Maybelline Face Studio Glass Spray – $9.99
Provides a dewy and glossy finish to your makeup. This product would be best suited for normal-to-dry skin. Curious to find out if this will give you a dewy and fresh finish or an oily and slick finish. The word glass kind of makes me nervous but I love a good hydrating look. I’ll be waiting to see those reviews come in…
// Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink Lipsticks Coffee Edition – $7.99
A new shade extension to their popular Matte Ink line – these shades are coffee scented, and transfer proof. I love these lipsticks and the formula is great! I can attest that it is comfortable, transfer proof and really stays all day but not in a gross way. These 5 new shades look beautiful and are perfect for anybody but especially deeper skin tones!
// Maybelline The Falsies Lash Mask – $6.99
Conditioning lash mask to be worn overnight for stronger and softer lashes in the morning. Made for “stressed out” lashes as a result of heavy mascara usage and lash extensions.
// Maybelline Color Strike Eyeshadow Pen – $6.99
Cream-to-powder eyeshadow pen that claims up to 12 hours of wear and no fallout. Pens are supposedly highly pigmented and can easily be blended to create custom looks depositing the shadow precisely where you want it. Comes in 6 matte shades and 4 metallic.
And that my friends are the new drugstore makeup June 2020 product releases that you need to know about! What are you most excited for? I love the coffee matte ink shades and would love to try those out – I’m getting more and more into nude/brown lip colors. However, those shades will be more fitting on me during fall/winter. And I’m intriged by the lash mask. Depending on how the reviews come in, I would love to try that out and give my lashes some extra care.
Hope you enjoyed this roundup and subscribe to my email list below for new affordable makeup posts every week including new drugstore makeup releases every month 🙂