I’m so excited for this post! How awesome is it that Walmart came out with favorites boxes?! If you aren’t familiar with favorites boxes, it’s something that stores like Sephora do all the time where they combine some of their best products/brands into themed boxes called “favorites”. The boxes usually consist of a variety of products within a certain theme like glowy skin or bold lips. Many of the products included are in mini sizes. Basically you get to try a ton of different products for a really affordable price.
Now Walmart is coming out with their own versions of these favorites boxes in both beauty and hair themes. They launched 6 different boxes in total: 3 hair favorites boxes and 3 beauty favorites boxes.
- Beauty Box – Glow For It
- Beauty Box – Latest in Lips
- Beauty Box – Time For Eyes
- Hair Box – Refresh Renew Extend
- Hair Box – Love My Curls
- Hair Box – Naturally Inspired
Shop all 6 Walmart Favorites Boxes
Each box comes with about half a dozen products give or take. I decided to pick up the Latest In Lips box. At first, I tried ordering online but they were already sold out. I ended up finding all 6 boxes fully in stock at my Walmart a few days ago. Each box is $9.88 which is an amazing deal!! For $10, you get to try so many different products. Even if you bought all the beauty boxes, you would get to try 17 different products for $30. If you bought all those products individually, it would be so much more expensive. And the best thing is, many of these products are actually full size.
I will jump into the review and swatches of the Latest In Lips box since this is the one I bought and tried out. This box has a retail value of over $38. The box includes:
Revlon Kiss Plumping Lip Creme in Barely Blush
– retails for $8
– I didn’t feel any plumping sensations but not a huge deal to me – don’t really care if it plumps or not. The formula is really nice as well as the color.
Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme in Adorable
– retails for $8
– Formula is comfortable and non-drying. It does dry down pretty quickly upon application so just make sure to work quickly.
Maybelline Super Stay Matt Ink in Lover
– retails for $8
– I love this product and already own Dreamer & Ruler. The formula is very comfortable and long-wearing. The shades are pigmented and I would highly recommend any of them.
Hard Candy Plumping Lip Gloss in Sugar Sugar
– retails for $6
– This is the first product I’ve tried from Hard Candy. The gloss is a pretty sheer pink color that you could wear alone or on top of another lip product. This gloss is a little thicker than the Revlon gloss but not uncomfortable or sticky. I did feel some “plumping” sensations but one of those formulas that kind of just feels cooling. It wasn’t painful or uncomfortable at all.
L’Oreal Infallible Matte Gloss in Statement Nude
– retails for $8 (for full size)
– I love the applicator on the wand. It makes the product very easy to precisely apply. Even though this is a matte gloss, it doesn’t really have a matte finish. The term “matte gloss” is confusing to me because those seem like opposites. But the color is really pretty and it’s very comfortable to wear so I still really enjoy it.
Elf Lip Exfoliator in Brown Sugar
– retails for $3
– I already owned this product in Rose and really love it. It’s a great exfoliator that really smooths out my lip texture. I use it a lot in the winter when my lips are dryer and I still want to wear a matte lip. For $3, you can’t got wrong!
Overall I give this favorites box 2 thumbs up and think it’s totally worth the money! I really like every single product and see myself using all of them on a regular basis. For $10, it makes each product less than $2! I would LOVE to see Walmart continue to carry these and come out with different ones. There are so many themes, products or holidays they could create boxes around so fingers crossed we see more of these in the future.
Leave me a comment letting me know if you plan to pick up any of these boxes and which you are most excited about!
Some of the links included in this post are affiliate links. View my full disclosure policy for more details.
Hi & First Thank you for taking the time to review these! I am Loving the Colors in This bundle of Lippies So that’s a Huge Plus. I’m so Happy I found you it’s Great to see before going to the store, so many options in the Drugstores Now. I will pick up the L’oreal and Will do the Revlon and Maybe More!
I will update you. I have Dry Skin not Very Bad but not Oily at all. I Do Like Milani Too! I am finding with Age I am getting dryer so Skin Care Is A Must.
Hi Suzy! Thanks for reading my post 🙂 The colors are so great and I think would work for many different people. I agree that the drugstores are stepping it up and I’m a fan! I’m right there with you getting drier skin with age. I need to dabble into skincare more!