I’m a sucker for a new mascara so when I saw that L’Oreal came out with this new voluminous lash paradise mascara I knew I had to review it! L’Oreal even had the nerve to package it in gorgeous rosey blush metallic yumminess….as if they knew exactly how to hook me with no questions asked! I’m also a sucker for anything rose gold/blush so I see you L’Oreal….I see you! Anyways, I’m just going to jump right in to reviewing this new L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara!
But first, I need to make a disclaimer. I always use waterproof mascara so I am reviewing the waterproof formula of this mascara. I use waterproof to help my lashes curl and stay curled all day long. If you have issues getting your lashes to curl or keeping them curled, try waterproof mascara! It’s seriously changed my lash game.
I’ve been using this mascara for about a week now so I’ve had several full days of wearing it to get a good idea of the product. The claims for this mascara include (got these from Ulta’s website):
- voluptuous volume and length
- 200+ bristles catch every lash for a full fringe effect
- waterproof smooth glide formula provides silky volume in one coat
- lashes are feathery soft to the touch
- women agreed: 3 of 4 women saw volume and length; 90% said it doesn’t flake; 95% said it lasts all day
Now let’s get into my likes and dislikes!
- my lashes stayed curled all day long. The waterproof formula held up and kept the curl just as well as any other waterproof mascara I’ve been using in my rotation
- mascara gave my lashes extra length. I could definitely tell that the wand was coating my lashes from end to tip for maximum length. There are some mascaras that don’t do a great job of coating my lashes to the very tips but I felt like this one did a great job of that
- didn’t flake or smudge off of my lashes
- the wand – I’m not a huge fan of natural bristle mascara wands and prefer plastic wands. I think that plastic wands help to separate my lashes better and create more volume. With this wand, I felt like by the 2nd coat, it was starting to get just a little clumpy and wasn’t separating my lashes as well as other mascaras I’ve used. I do think it gave my lashes volume but I can get better volume from other products.
Overall, I really like this mascara and will definitely continue to use it on a regular basis and perhaps even repurchase! Is it going to take the place of my current favorite mascara – probably not yet but it could! I’m anxious to see how it will perform in a week or so once the formula has had a chance to dry out a bit. I like when mascaras tend to be a little drier because I feel like I have more control. Because it’s a new tube, the formula is still pretty wet so I’m thinking I could like it even more once I’ve had it for a while This might also help with the clumping issue.
Here are some pictures of my lashes with the mascara on the top lashes only.
I would definitely recommend this mascara to anyone looking to add volume and length! And if you prefer a natural bristle wand, then you will probably love this!
I’ve never tried the Too Face Better Than Sex mascara which this is supposed to be a dupe for. If you have tried both and have an opinion, leave a comment! I would love to know which is better or if they’re the same!
I also did a comparison of this mascara against my other 2 current drugstore favorites. I’m curious to see which one looks the best and which is my overall favorite.
Some of the links included in this post are affiliate links. View my full disclosure policy for more details.